free employment law advice

If you can’t afford employment law advice or representation in court, you may be eligible for free or reduced-cost help.

You could get:


-legal assistance for a critical issue

-advice from legal experts or advice charity that is free, low-cost, or fixed-fee

-legal help from your labor union or other membership organization for legal

-advice on insurance policies from a legal advice

-assistance with court costs

-It doesn’t matter what your income is if you’ve been detained and will be questioned at a police station.

Obtaining free help:


If you are unable to obtain legal assistance or afford to hire your own solicitor or barrister, certain organizations or volunteer lawyers may be able to help you.

  • Consult your local Citizens Advice Bureau.


Citizens Advice may be able to help you with concerns relating to:





-rights to employment


-social or health care

-affordable housing and homelessness



You can call your local Citizens Advice to see if they can help you with your issue.


  • Seek help with a consumer issue


If you have a consumer problem, you can call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.

  • Locate a legal aid organization.


A solicitor or a professional legal adviser at a law center may be able to help you. The following issues are addressed by law centers:



-care in the community





-affordable housing and homelessness



The Law Centres Network website can help you locate a law center near you.


  • Get in touch with LawWorks.


On the LawWorks website, you can look for a free legal advice clinic near you, as well as learn about other organizations that may be able to help you.

  • Seek help from an advocate.


If your matter is going to court or a tribunal, the advocate may be able to find a volunteer barrister to represent you for free. On Advocate’s website, you can see if it can help you.


  • Funding for exceptional cases


If you are unable to obtain legal help, you may be eligible for ‘special case financing.’ On the Public Law Project website, you can learn how to apply for exceptional case funding without hiring a lawyer.

  • Using a lawyer at a lower cost:


You might be able to secure a free or fixed-cost consultation with a lawyer. Other lawyers may work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis for you.


Prices for several typical services can be seen on solicitors’ websites. They are required to publicize prices for services such as:


-‘Probate’ is the process of sorting out a deceased person’s money, possessions, and property.

-‘Residential conveyancing’ is the process of buying and selling a home.

-a few employment court cases

Obtaining free or fixed-fee advice:


Some lawyers offer free legal advice for 30 minutes. Some charge a set fee, so you’ll know how much the advice will cost ahead of time. You can call a lawyer’s office and inquire about a free half-hour consultation or a fixed price.

A free or fixed-fee consultation can help you understand your legal rights and obligations. It’s a fantastic approach to see if it’s worth going to court with someone else or if you have a case worth defending.

You’ll need to make the most of your meeting. Make a list of what you need to say and find out ahead of time. To help you decide what questions to ask the solicitor, you could speak with an adviser at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.


Bring any pertinent documents to the meeting. Call the solicitor’s office to see if any specific documents, such as a passport, are required.


Obtaining help through a membership or insurance policy:

Next Post